Anil Ambani’s RCom Pays Rs 456.77 crore Ericsson, Day Before SC Deadline March 18, 2019 19:11
According to reports, Anil Ambani Reliance Communications has paid Rs 459.77 crore to Swedish telecom equipment maker Ericsson a day before deadline set by Supreme Court which expires on Tuesday. Last month Supreme Court held Anil Ambani gulity for contempt of court and ordered the debt-laden company to clear the dues to Ericsson within four weeks or face a three-month jail term and as per the order February 19 was last day to make payment.By Sai Kumar
Read MoreSupreme Court Asks BCCI to Reconsider Life Ban On Sreesanth March 15, 2019 12:29
Spot-fixing case: The Supreme court on Friday set aside the Board of control Cricket in India (BCCI) disciplinary order imposing life ban on Former Indian pacer S.Sreesanth for his alleged involvement in the match-fixing scandal in 2013 season of Indian Premier League (IPL).The apex court said the disciplinary committee of the BCCI to reconsider within 3 months of quantum of punishment to be given to Sreesanth.A bench of Supreme Court, Headed by Justice Ashik Bhushan and also comprising justice KM Joseph said that former Indian cricketer will get the opportunity to being heard by committee on quantum of punishmentThe Supreme court also said that its verdict shall have no effect on the criminal proceedings pending against the former cricketer in the Delhi High Court, where the Delhi Police has challenged a trial court's order discharging all accused, including Sreesanth, in the IPL spot-fixing case.After Supreme Court order it is interesting to if BCCI revokes the life ban on former pacer. Away from the cricket field, S.Sreesanth also appeared on the Bigg Boss Season 12 and worked in few films as well.He was part of Indian World cup winning squad in 2007 T20, and 2011By Sai Kumar
Read MoreAyodhya Land Dispute : Supreme Court Orders Mediation, Gives 8 Weeks To Complete process March 08, 2019 13:02
Supreme Court on Friday orders Mediation to settle Ayodhya land dispute in eight weeks beginning March 15. A three member panel will come up with a permanent solution to the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute in Ayodhya. A constitution bench of the SC on Friday, headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi appointed three member committee headed by Justice (Retd) Fakkir Mohamed Ibrahim Kalifulla, which will also include Art of Living founder and spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and mediation expert Sriram Panchu. (Image source from: livelaw.in) The other judges on the bench are justices DY Chandrachud, SA Bobde, SA Nazeer and Ashok Bhushan, SC says “Mediation proceedings should be held on-camera. Mediation process will be held in Faizabad. Mediators can co-opt more on the panel if necessary. Uttar Pradesh government to provide mediators all the facilities in Faizabad. Mediators can seek further legal assistance as and when required,” ANI reported CJI Ranjan Gogoi says, "Court monitored mediation proceedings will be confidential." In the order court said that the reporting of the mediation proceedings in media will be banned. According to the reports, 14 appeals have been filed in the Top court against the 2010 Allahabad high court judgment, delivered in four civil suits, that the 2.77-acre land in Ayodhya be partitioned equally among the three parties the Sunni Waqf Board, the Nirmohi Akhara and Ram Lalla. By Sai Kumar
Read MoreBomb Blast At Bus Stand in Jammu, Atleast 18 People Injured March 07, 2019 13:05
Atleast 18 people have been injured in an powerful Grenade explosion which has taken place at the Bus Station in Jammu, Injured admitted to the Hospital Reports say several people injured in the blast that reportedly took place inside Bus Police have cordoned off the blast area as large number of people gathered around site of the blast Police speaking to media said, "It seems the grenade was lobbed from outside and it possibly rolled beneath the bus. It has caused injuries to 18 persons": Police on grenade attack at Jammu bus stand “We are working on all the leads. We are collecting evidence and we will hunt them down,"a police officer said By Sai Kumar
Read MorePakistan Air Force’s F-16 which violated Indian Air Space Shot Down February 27, 2019 13:10
According to reports, Pakistan Air Force aircraft F-16 which has violated Indian Air Space has been shot down. “Parachute was seen as Pakistan Air Force's F-16 was going down, condition of the pilot is unknown,” ANI reported. Early this morning Pakistan claimed that two of their aircraft undertook strikes across Line of Control from within Pakistani airspace. This was not a retaliation to continued Indian belligerence.” In a statement said, “It was non military target, avoiding human loss and collateral damage. Sole purpose being to demonstrate our right, will and capability for self defence.” It also said that the country had no intention to escalate the tensions “but are fully prepared to do so if forced into that paradigm. That is why we undertook the action with clear warning and in broad daylight”. “If India is striking at so-called terrorist backers without a shred of evidence, we also retain reciprocal rights to retaliate against elements that enjoy Indian patronage while carrying out acts of terror in Pakistan,” the statement said. It said, “We do not wish to go to that route and wish that India gives peace a chance and to resolve issues like a mature democratic nation.” -Sai Kumar
Read MoreSupreme Court Dismisses Plea Seeking Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack February 25, 2019 13:05
Supreme Court of India on Monday dismissed the petition seeking investigation into alleged conspiracy behind terror attack in Jammu and kashmir. SC bench comprising of the Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi and Justice Sanjiv Khanna were hearing the plea. The Public Interest Litigation (PIL) was file by a lawyer called Vineet Dhanda. He was seeking probe into alleged larger conspiracy in Pulwama terror attack in which 40 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) soldiers were killed when suicide bomber attacked CRPF convoy in Jammu and Kashmir. The PIL submitted by the lawyer says that nearly 370 kg of RDX was used in the terror attack so he seeks through investigation. -Sai Kumar
Read More4 Army Personnel Martyred in Encounter With Terrorists In Jammu and Kashmir February 18, 2019 10:57
Days After Pulwama Terror attack, Four Army Personnel including a Major martyred in encounter with Terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir in early hours of Monday, February 18. According to the reports, army and police under went massive search operations overnight at Pinglan area of Pulwama district in J&K. “Two or three terrorists are believed to be trapped in the area and firing is on. A civilian was also killed in the encounter,” said the police. According to reports, the terrorists belong to Jaish-e-Muhammad and are heavily armed. The Army personnel identified as major VS Dhoundiyal, havaldar Sheo Ram, sepoy Ajay Kumar and sepoy Hari Singh they belonged to the 55 Rashtriya Rifles of the Indian Army. Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) has claimed responsibility for the terror attack in Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday where at least 40 CRPF jawans were killed and others critically injured. -Sai Kumar
Read MoreCabinet Committee on Security Meeting on Pulwama Attack February 15, 2019 12:26
Cabinet Committee on Security led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi met today to review the security situation in the Jammu and kashmir. Arun Jaitley, resumed the charge of Finance Minister participated in the cabinet Committee on Security. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in the media briefing after the conclusion of CCS meeting said that the “all efforts will be made to ensure that prepetrators of the attack are brought to book.” He said India today will withdrew the ‘Most-Favoured nation’ status to Pakistan after the Pulwama terror attack. “The Most Favoured Nation status which was granted to Pakistan, stands withdrawn," Union Minister Arun Jaitley said More than 40 Central Reserved police Force personnel killed in the attack He said those aiding and abating the perpetrators will have to pay a heavy price. Speaking to media outside the Prime Minister’s residence, he said “The Ministry of External Affairs will initiate all possible diplomatic steps which are to be taken to ensure the complete isolation from the international community of Pakistan of which incontrovertible is available of having a direct hand in this act” Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh will be visiting Srinagar on today and would convene an all-party meeting most likely on Saturday to brief political parties on the incident so that the nation speaks in one voice on the issue. The Cabinet Committee on Security meet was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to discuss the security situation Jammu and Kashmir in the wake of the Pulwama terror attack. At least 40 CRPF Jawans were killed and many others injured on Thursday in one of the deadliest terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir Jaish-e-Muhammad suicide bomber rammed a vehicle carrying over 250kg of explosives into their bus in Pulwama district. -Sai Kumar
Read MoreSushil Chandra Appointed as New Election Commissioner February 14, 2019 18:26
Ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha election, Sushil Chandra, a 1980-batch Indian Revenue Service (IRS) official has been appointed as the election commissioner. He is currently the chief of the Central Bureau of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the top policy making baody of Income Tax Department. Sushil Chandra, IIT graduate will join the election panel as the second election commissioner. At present former bureaucrat Sunil Arora is the chief election commissioner and Ashok Lavasa, also a former bureaucrat, is the election commissioner. Chandra was appointed as the CBDT chief on November 1, 2016. He was due to retire in 2017, but Chandra has since been given two extensions. Since Sushil Chandra was scheduled to serve as chief of CBDT till May 2019, but now he will have to resign from the body a few months in advance. The Election Commission of India will oversee the elections for the Lok Sabha and the state assembly polls. The poll panel is expected to announce the schedule for the 2019 lok sabha elections and assembly elections schedule for few states over the course of the next few weeks. -Sai Kumar
Read MoreAtleast 12 CRPF Jawans Killed In Terror Attack In J&K February 14, 2019 17:44
In the major terror attack, At least 12 Central Reserve Police Force Jawans were killed today afternoon in Awantipora, Pulwama, Jammu Kashmir and several others injured and death toll may rise according to the reports. Pakistan backed Jaish-e-Mohammed claims responsibility for Pulwama IED terror attack, in a text message to Kashmiri News Agency GNS, ANI reported Terror attack was happened in Awantipora’s Goripora area.CRPF jawans lost their lives in IED blast. According to reports, this afternoon, at around 3.15 p.m militants targeted the CRPF convoy near Lethpora Awantipora on the Srinagar-Jammu national highway. While CRPF initially said that it was an Improvised Explosive Device (IED), police sources said it was a suicide bomber who rammed his car into the bus of 54 Battalion of CRPF. This is the biggest terror attack in the Jammu Kashmir state in months. The terrorists targeted a convoy of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF). Two buses in the CRPF convoy were targeted, ANI reported. The terrorists first triggered a high-intensity IED blast and followed it up with firing in Awantipora’s Goripora area. Dozens were injured as well in the biggest attack of 2019. Death toll could rise further, reports said. Disturbing news coming in from #awantipura . Twelve of our security personnel have been martyred and several have been injured. No words are enough to condemn the gruesome terror attack. How many more lives will be snuffed out before this madness ends? — Mehbooba Mufti (@MehboobaMufti) February 14, 2019 Terrible news coming from the valley. A number of CRPF soldiers are reported to have been killed & injured in an IED blast. I condemn this attack in the strongest possible terms. My prayers for the injured & condolences to the families of the bereaved. #Kashmir — Omar Abdullah (@OmarAbdullah) February 14, 2019 -Sai Kumar
Read MoreCAG Report on Rafale to Be Tabled in Parliament Today February 12, 2019 12:29
Controller and Auditor General submitted its report Rafale fighter jets deal on Monday.The central government is likely to table it within the Parliament today. However, the CAG report lacks details of the worth of the jets and offsets once the Union Ministry of Defence raised issues. According to the sources, the report – regular to be tabled within the Lok Sabha prior the last Day of the Budget Session – is split into 2 sections and contains a review of eleven deals signed by the Indian Air Force (IAF). And also the audit of the Rafale deal part of the second section of constant report. It mentioned all the estimations in terms of percentage Stating the explanation for not mentioning the worth and offset details, According to the report in TOI, “The deal has been evaluated while not mentioned the worth on the request of MoD.” However, the auditor has mentioned the worth of the opposite 10 acquisition created by the IAF. Insiders believe that CAG is individually popping out with another standalone report on all offset deals, however it should not be ready before the Lok Sabha elections.” Earlier,Congress leader Kapil Sibal alleged conflict of interest and asked the controller and Auditor General (CAG) Rajiv Mehrishi to recuse himself from auditing the deal as he was the finance secretary once the deal was negotiated. This was rebutted by the BJP stating that the Congress was casting aspersions on the establishment of CAG supported “falsehood”. In reply Union Minister Arun Jaitley took to Twitter and wrote, “Another attack on the establishment of CAG by the ‘Institution wreckers’ supported falsehood. After 10 years in Government former UPA ministers still don’t know that Finance Secretary is simply a designation given to the senior most secretary within the finance ministry.” Congress president Rahul Gandhi had been attacking the Modi government alleging it of corrupt practices within the acquisition of Rafale fighter jets from Dassault Aviation in France. Gandhi had alleged that BJP-led Union government had tripled the worth of Rafale jets to profit Anil Ambani’s Reliance Defence. Following this, Leader of Opposition Mallikarjun Kharge within the Lok Sabha had asked for a CAG report on the Rafale jets deal. -Sai Kumar
Read MorePriyanka Gandhi Vadra to begin Lok Sabha 2019 Election Campaign February 11, 2019 12:40
Congress party kept all hopes on Priyanka Gandhi Vadra as she is set to kick start her campaign for Lok Sabha elections with a Road Show in Lucknow. Recently, Piyanka Gandhi was appointed as party’s general secretary of Eastern Uttar Pradesh for upcoming crucial general elections. She will be accompanied with Jyotiraditya Scindia, general secretary for western UP and the Congress President Rahul Gandhi. Congress president Rahul Gandhi tweeted that he and Jyotiraditya Scindia, the party general secretary for western UP, will join Priyanka. “Coming to Lucknow today. Will be accompanied by Priyanka Gandhi Vadra and Jyotiraditya Scindia. Around 12pm, there will be a roadshow from Lucknow airport to Congress headquarters. Excited to meet you all.” लखनऊ आ रहा हूँ| प्रियंका गांधी वाड्रा जी और ज्योतिरादित्य सिंधिया जी साथ होंगे| दोपहर करीब 12 बजे, लखनऊ के हवाई अड्डे से पार्टी मुख्यालय तक रोड-शो का आयोजन किया गया है| आप सभी से मिलने को उत्साहित हूँ| pic.twitter.com/H0yuBQvthM — Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) February 11, 2019 Preparation are on full swing as UP Congress is expected to welcome all three leaders. Lucknow: Latest visuals from Congress office. General Secretary for Uttar Pradesh East Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, General secretary for Uttar Pradesh West Jyotiraditya Scindia and party President Rahul Gandhi are visiting the city today. pic.twitter.com/zwfUn5VJTq — ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) February 11, 2019 Earlier today Priyanka Gandhi Vadra joins twitter, ahead of her crucial visit to Uttar Pradesh. According to reports, Priyanka and Scindia will remain in the state for next 3 days holding meeting with officer bearers and make out all the plans and strategy for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. This appointment of Priyanka Gandhi came after strong regional parties in Uttar Pradesh SP and BSP formed an alliance without congress. In 2014 general elections congress party lost badly in the state, bagged just two seats out of 80 Lok Sabha seats. -Sai Kumar
Read More















