Monsoon is definitely the season that brings a lot of happiness to our life as it cools the environment. Rainy evenings are even more special and fill a lot of excitement to everyone right from kids to elders. Make these evenings more dearer with yummy, delicious food. One good idea is to have Aloo-Moong Dal pakodas. It serves as a best snack recipe during monsoon. It is really simple to prepare and is even healthy as green gram is rich in nutrients.
All that you need to prepare Aloo-Moong Dal pakodas, a best snack recipe during monsoon, and preparation method are given below.
Serves: 3- 4
Preparation Time: 5-6 hours
Cooking Time: 10 min
Moong Dal (green gram)- 1 cup
Potatoes- 2 (boiled)
Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
Ginger- 1tbsp (grated)
Coriander leaves- 1 tsp (finely chopped)
Cumin seed (zeera)- 1 tsp
Asafoetida (hing)- a pinch Baking
Soda- a pinch
Salt- as per taste
Oil- for frying
1. Soak Moong dal overnight or at least five to six hours and grind.
2. Mask potatoes and mix all ingredients in Moong Dal.
3. Make small round pakodas with the mixture.
4. Heat oil on low flame in a pan.
5. Fry the pakodas until they turn brown.
6. Use paper towels to drain excess oil.
7. Serve your Aloo-Moong Dal pakodas hot, preferably with green mint chutney or ketchup.