Baloch leader Brahumdagh Bugti seeks asylum in India! September 19, 2016 16:08
Baloch leader Brahumdagh Bugti announced his decision to file papers seeking asylum in India. The move comes at a time Pakistan is being cornered by India for its involvement in terrorist attacks, including terror strike in Uri, Jammu and Kashmir. The Baloch Republican Party has also decided to file a case against China at International Court of Justice. It will also file criminal cases against Pakistani Army generals. Bugti said that he has decided to formally file asylum papers to the Indian government. “We will start working on it right away. We will go to the Indian embassy and follow the legal process.” Earlier, Brahumdagh Bugti said that, people of Balochistan were living in "very terrible conditions" and that the Baloch issue got more attention after Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi referred to the rights abuses there. Also Read: Indian Prime Minister skips Saarc Summit in Islamabad Nandini
Read MoreIndian Prime Minister skips Saarc Summit in Islamabad September 19, 2016 15:17
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, will not travel to Pakistan in November for the Saarc Summit. The news has been confirmed to Firstpost by an authoritative source that decision to stay away from visiting Pakistan . The decision against Modi’s attendance was taken weeks before Sunday’s Uri attack by Pakistani terrorists. Post-Uri attack, it will not be possible that Modi would persuade to travel to Islamabad. Earlier, Afghanistan and Bangladesh had declared their uneasiness to attend the Saarc meeting in Islamabad. In recent weeks, Bangladesh did not attend the Saarc home ministers' conference in Pakistan, and after home minister Rajnath Singh got a cold welcome, finance minister Arun Jaitley excused himself from the meeting of finance ministers. It has been a natural outcome of developments in recent weeks when Pakistan has adopted a highly aggressive strategy on Kashmir and has been fomenting trouble in the Valley. The Nawaz Sharif government’s refusal to discuss terrorism and instead be narrowly focussed on its pet subject of the Kashmir Valley, its continued role in fomenting terror violence there and its disruptive attitude towards Saarc have convinced the Modi government that the Pakistan visit would be futile. The Saarc agenda has anyway been sabotaged by Pakistan and it has refused to allow greater integration among nations of South Asia, the world’s most poorly connected region. The Saarc connectivity plan had been sought to be blocked by Pakistan at the Kathmandu summit, but at Modi’s behest all other countries except Pakistan joined it. On his part, Modi went out of his way to woo Pakistan, but just hours after he flew out of Lahore in January this year, there was an attack on the Pathankot base and it took three days to kill the well-armed terrorists holed up inside. India tried to negotiate with the Sharif government and even hosted a Pakistani team in Pathankot to share inputs on the role of Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists. Also Read: Reign of Terror: Suicide squad killed 17 soldiers, Uri, J&K By Prakriti Neogi
Read MoreIAF says 29 on board missing AN-32 aircraft presumed dead! September 16, 2016 16:02
All 29 on board the AN-32 aircraft, which went missing in the Bay of Bengal on July 22, are to be presumed dead, the Indian Air Force (IAF) has formally informed the family members. Providing the Certificate of Presumption of Death, the IAF (http://indianairforce.nic.in/) letter dated August 24 to the families states that “the Court of Inquiry, upon very careful scrutiny of circumstantial evidence available, and in light of extensive search and rescue operations carried out, has concluded that it is unlikely that the missing personnel on board the ill-fated aircraft would have survived the accident”. According to the Defence ministry sources, “informing the next of kin of the missing personnel after a certain period is a requirement as per military regulations, for release of service and pensionary benefits to the families. It should not be confused with the search for the missing aircraft, its wreckage or debris.” “The search for the missing AN-32 is still in progress, with ships from National Institute of Ocean Technology and Geological Survey of India Samudra Ratnakar and Sagar Nidhi and Remotely Operated Vehicles. Efforts of the IAF, navy and coast guard continue as hitherto. In addition, a general alert has been issued for mariners in the area to look out for any debris,” a source added. Nandini
Read MoreCurfew Removed in Bengaluru! September 14, 2016 16:43
The authorities lifted curfew from Bengaluru city, as it slowly returning to normal after two days of violence and arson in the IT hub. The protests broke out in Karnataka over the Cauvery river water dispute with Tamil Nadu. Some schools and colleges in the city re-opened today after being shut for two days. Over 350 people have been arrested for vandalism in Bengaluru during the protest. "The order is hard to follow but we'll still follow the Supreme Court order," Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said. Earlier, the United States issued an advisory asking its citizens to avoid visiting areas where protests are taking place in Karnataka and review their personal security plans. "There have been reports of Tamil Nadu-plated trucks being stoned and burned. Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code, which prohibits the gatherings of ten or more people, has been imposed in Bangalore city. As a result, many businesses and companies throughout Bangalore are closed.” “Local law enforcement has advised that they are tracking the situation and are prepared to respond appropriately," it said. Also Read: Cauvery Water Dispute: US Issues Advisory to Its Nationals Nandini
Read MoreKarnataka unrest over SC order on Cauvery September 13, 2016 18:50
Bengaluru and parts of Karnataka had been gripped by large scale violence and arson on Monday. One person died and four were injured in police firing. Mobs set vehicles on fire and attacked businesses with Tamil names after the Supreme Court ordered that Cauvery water continue to flow to Tamil Nadu. Police opened fire at Rajagopal Nagar in Bengaluru, when a mob tried to torch one of their vehicles. Curfew had been imposed in seven police station limits of the city. Soon after the court declined to accept Karnataka’s appeal to freeze its September 5 order on release of water, around noon, hundreds of protesters took to the streets in Bengaluru, burning vehicles with Tamil Nadu registration numbers. The violence virtually paralysed the Bengaluru-Mysuru highway. Prohibitory orders under Section 144 had been imposed in Bengaluru and Mysuru, areas around four reservoirs in the Cauvery basin, and Pandavapura in Mandya district. The violence forced many schools to declare holiday. Metro services stopped a little past 12:30 PM, and other public transport had been curtailed. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, appealed for peace in a statement, saying, "Violence cannot provide a solution to any problem. In a democracy, solutions are found through restraint and mutual dialogue. This dispute can only be solved within the legal ambit. Breaking the law is not a viable alternative. The violence and arson seen in the last two days is only causing loss to the poor, and to our nation’s property." Mobs set vehicles on fire and attacked businesses with Tamil names after the Supreme Court ordered that the Cauvery water continue to flow to Tamil Nadu. Also Read: Cauvery Water Dispute: US Issues Advisory to Its Nationals By Prakriti Neogi
Read MoreAfghan President to begin official visit to India! September 13, 2016 18:07
The President of Afghanistan, Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai is all set to start his two-day official visit tomorrow. He will hold close consultations with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on several issues of strategic importance to both sides during the visit. A statement issued by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), said that, "The upcoming visit will provide an opportunity to continue the close and frequent consultations between the two friendly neighbors, including at the highest level. Such interaction is the hallmark of their strategic partnership and has guided the strengthening of all-round cooperation between the two countries." According to the MEA, the discussion will cover a wide range of matters of mutual interest to both sides. It is assumed that, India is likely to accept Kabul's demand for increased military assistance during his visit. Nandini
Read MoreCentre bans foreign funds for Zakir Naik’s NGO! September 13, 2016 15:25
The NGO of Islamic preacher Zakir Naik is banned from receiving foreign funds as the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) issued a gazette notification. Earlier, the MHA had placed the NGO the Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) under the prior permission category through an executive order and issued a notification also, which cannot be challenged under the Foreign Contributions Regulation Act (FCRA) 2010. The notification said, "Whereas, IRF, registered as Trust with Charity Commission, Mumbai, vide its Registration number - B1409/Mumbai, is also a registered organisation u/s 11 (1) of FCRA, holding registration number - 083780696R." "Whereas, IRF was authorized to accept foreign contributions for undertaking educational and social programmes in India, which are not detrimental to the national interest", and "whereas, on the basis of records available and reports received from agencies, central government is satisfied that IRF has violated certain provisions of FCRA 2010.” “ Now, therefore, central government, in exercise of powers conferred u/s 11 (3) (I) of said act, hereby directs that IRF shall hereinafter obtain prior permission of central government before accepting any foreign contribution, until further orders," it added. Also Read: Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested for recruiting youths for IS! Nandini
Read MoreOIC to hold Kashmir meet in New York! September 10, 2016 14:50
The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) is all set to hold a meet on Jammu and Kashmir in New York on the sidelines of the 71st session of the United Nations General Assembly later this month. It also invited separatist Mirwaiz Umar Farooq for the meeting. The meeting of the Contact Group on Jammu and Kashmir is scheduled to be organized from September 19 to 22 in New York. A statement issued earlier in July by the OIC contact group, whose secretary general is Abdullah Al-Alim, consists of Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey, Niger and Azerbaijan, said that, “conveying its concerns to the international community regarding the flagrant human rights violations and abuse of the basic rights of the Kashmiris.” Hurriyat faction chairman Syed Ali Geelani, who was stopped from holding a press conference in Srinagar, on Friday praised the stand of Pakistan, China and Turkey on Kashmir and claimed a “hit list of civilians is being prepared by the rulers.” “We warn that any such misadventure will have serious repercussions,” said Mr. Geelani. Also Read: Teenager killed as clashes erupt in Kashmir! Nandini
Read MorePawan Kalyan roars in Kakinada! September 09, 2016 18:02
Pawan Kalyan tears into TDP for the failure in getting special status for Andhra Pradesh and sarcastically compared the package provided by the central government to ‘Laddus’. He asked, “Babu should decide whether he will accept the rotten laddoos from the centre or oppose and fight for special status.” “Telangana should not blame only the Andhra leaders for their injustice. They should also blame Telangana leaders like Marri Chennareddy and Jana Reddy etc,” he said. He remembered, “I quit eating for 11 days when innocent people were attacked and beaten up during the separate Telangana movement.” “My fight is on those arrogant Congress leaders from the North who bifurcated the state injudiciously and never apologised. My fight is on the North Indian arrogance that belittled the South Indians and Teluguites,” he stated. “I was humiliated and abused by the OU students during a Praja Rajyam Party campaign. (Sings a Telangana folk song penned by Telangana poet Master Ji). I cry when any Indian in Telangana to Seemandha or Kashmir to Kanyakumari goes through sufferings due to injustice,” he said. He asked, “If you (BJP & TDP leaders) can't fight for special status, leave it us, the Jana Sena army. We will fight for special status. BJP leaders asked for votes in Telugu. When we asked them to keep their poll promises, they replied in languages that we don't understand. Just tell us clearly whether you will give special status or not.” Nandini
Read MoreGSLV-F05 successfully placed advanced weather satellite INSAT-3DR into orbit! September 08, 2016 17:52
The Indian Space Research Organization's GSLV-F05 rocket successfully placed INSAT-3DR advanced weather satellite into the intended orbit. Unnikrishnan, director, SHAR, said that, "The third successful launch of the GSVL, with an indigenously developed cryogenic upper stage, has demonstrated its performance." According to an ISRO official, GSLV F05 launch has been delayed by 40 minutes. “Yes. It has been delayed by 40 minutes due to delay in cryostage filling operations, the launch is rescheduled to 4.50 PM.” The country started on the GSLV rocket plan in the late 1980s and early 1990s so as to be able to put its 2,000-kg communication satellites to geosynchronous orbits at 36,000 km in space from its own soil. Also Read: Indian Weather Satellite to take off !! Nandini
Read MoreArmy chief Dalbir Singh to visit Jammu and Kashmir! September 07, 2016 17:48
Army Chief General Dalbir Singh is all set to visit Jammu and Kashmir to review the security situation in the unrest-hit Valley. According to the defense sources, the General is scheduled to arrive later in the day to review the security situation in the hinterland of the Valley and along the Line of Control. The sources said that, he will be briefed about the security grid along the Line of Control and anti-militancy operations in the hinterland by senior army officers and local formation commander. Over 70 people have died and more than 10,000 injured in the clashes followed by the killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani in July. Nandini
Read MoreBJP Chief Shah visits Mumbai Ganesh pandals! September 07, 2016 17:45
The BJP Chief Amit Shah visited Ganesh pandals in Mumbai during the ongoing 10-day Ganpati festival, but did not meet Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray who resided just "10 minutes away". Following the incident, the Opposition in Maharashtra took a jibe at the BJP-Sena ruling alliance saying the former has "no respect" for its ally. The BJP nation head first visited a Ganpati mandal in Bandra, headed by Bjp Mlaand party's city chief Ashish Shelar, to have 'darshan' of Lord Ganesh. Congress Mla Nitesh Rane said that, "In earlier days, whenever a Central leader used to visit Mumbai, be it L K Advani ji, Murli Manohar Joshi ji or others who have now been confined to the 'Marg Darshak Mandal' of the BJP, they used to pay a visit to 'Matoshree' to meet late Balasaheb Thackeray." "But the newer generation of leaders of the Bjp seem to have lost all respect for its allies," he said. "Uddhav ji too stays in Bandra, not more than 10 minutes away from the place Amit Shah visited. But he did not have the courtesy or the respect to meet his party's oldest ally. If the Sena has any self-respect left, they should do away with the Bjp once and for all," Rane said. Nandini
Read More




