Just In ( Page 50 of 86 )

List View Grid View

Navjot Singh Sidhu forms news political front ‘Aawaaz-e-Punjab’ September 02, 2016 18:04

The former BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu formed a new political front named “Aawaaz-e-Punjab” in Punjab with India’s former hockey captain Pargat Singh and Punjab MLAs Simarjit Singh Bains and Balwant Singh Bains. Navjot Kaur Sidhu, wife of Navjot Singh Sindhu, said that, "Along with Pargat Singh and Bains brothers, we have formed a front." "Would Navjot Sidhu ji join AAP, lot of rumours? Its my duty to put forward our side. We have greatest greatest regard for this cricket legend. He met me last week. Didn't put any pre-condition. He needs time to think. Lets respect that," Kejriwal tweeted. Kejriwal further tweeted : "He is a very good human being and a cricket legend. My respect for him would continue whether he joins or not." Nandini

Read More

PM Modi to begin two nation tour to Vietnam, China today September 02, 2016 10:55

Prime Minister Narendra Modi is all set to begin his two-nation tour to Vietnam and China, today. The Prime Minister is scheduled to reach Vietnamese capital Hanoi on Friday night during the first leg of his four-day visit, where he will meet Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and President Tran Dai Quang to hold wide-ranging talks with the top leadership to strengthen ties in key areas of defense, trade, security and oil exploration. Secretary (East), External Affairs Ministry, Preeti Saran said that, “Vietnam is India’s important strategic partner and the visit is aimed at further strengthening bilateral ties, including defence, security and trade.” The Prime Minister will leave for Hangzhou, China, from Vietnam on September 3 to attend the G20 summit on September 4 and 5. PM Modi will also have bilateral meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping. Secretary (West) Sujata Mehta, said that, “During the visit, India will take up issues like cross-border mobility of professionals, terror financing, tax evasion and reduction in remittance transaction cost among others.” Also Read: New target Chinese Embassy: 1 killed, 3 died, Kyrgyzstan Nandini

Read More

Arvind Kejriwal removes Social Welfare Minister over objectionable CD! September 01, 2016 14:44

The Delhi Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal, removed his Social Welfare Minister Sandeep Kumar, citing he had received an "objectionable" CD on him and that there cannot be any compromise with propriety in public life. Kejriwal tweeted that, "Received 'objectionable' CD of minister Sandeep Kumar. AAP stands for propriety in public life that can't be compromised. Removing him from Cabinet with immediate effect." Delhi's Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, said that, "We have zero tolerance against any kind of corruption, crime or any such activity.” "The CM received an objectionable CD of Sandeep Kumar and within half an hour, the decision to remove the minister was taken and Kumar was sacked," Sisodia said. "Earlier we had removed one of our ministers on corruption charges. Recently we removed party's Punjab convenor over charges that he took money. And today we have removed Kumar after we got the objectionable CD," Sisodia said. The minister also warned all his party MLAs and leaders saying, "If any of the 67 MLAs or the party leaders be it Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia or anyone else is caught in activities which are against the party principles, he will not be spared," Sisodia said. Former AAP leader and eminent lawyer Prashant Bhushan took potshots at Kejriwal over Kumar's removal. "Wah AK (Arvind Kejriwal) Saheb, you appoint degree forgers, bribe takers as ministers and then take credit for removing them when caught," he tweeted. Delhi Congress chief Ajay Maken said that, "3 of 6 Ministers in AAP Govt caught for: 1.FakeDegree 2.Corruption 3MoralTurpitude. But who chose them? Why aren't they expelled from Party?." "When they (AAP) got elected, they said we had 67 gems. Now they stand exposed," BJP leader Vijender Gupta said.   Also Read: Two AAP MLAs arrested, party blames PM Modi for it Nandini

Read More

Kerala govt ‘bans’ celebrations during office hours! August 31, 2016 18:22

The CPI(M)-led LDF government in Kerala issued an order to ban Onam festivities in state-run offices and institutions during working hours. This year, the official Onam celebrations will begin on September 12 and the festivities should be conducted without causing any difficulties to public and affecting the operations of the office, the order said. The order was issued by the Chief Secretary S M Vijayanand, it reads, “The government is of the view that it is appropriate to avoid conducting celebrations in offices as it affects work there. The celebrations should be arranged in such a manner that it should not affect the work and not cause any difficulties to public.” “Not only Onam, for that matter, any festival celebrations should be held without affecting the functioning of office work. In this matter, government would ensure its intervention,” Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, wrote on the social networking site. Nandini

Read More

Teenager killed as clashes erupt in Kashmir! August 31, 2016 15:20

A 15-year-old boy was killed and four others injured in clashes between security forces and violent protesters in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district as officials lifted curfew from entire Valley after 51 days. With this death, the toll in the ongoing unrest in Kashmir has gone up to 69. According to a police official, Danish Manzoor and six other persons sustained injuries when security forces allegedly opened fire at stone-pelting protesters in Lodora in Sopore area. Earlier, a police official said that, "There is no curfew anywhere in Kashmir today. It has been lifted even from the two police station areas in Srinagar M R Gunj and Nowhatta the only places in the valley where the curbs were in place yesterday." Also Read: Curfew lifted from Kashmir after 51 days! Nandini

Read More

Nepal bans Indian couple for faking Everest climb! August 30, 2016 17:19

An Indian couple has been banned for 10-year from climbing any mountain in the Himalayan nation Nepal for faking photographs purporting to show them at the summit of Mount Everest. The couple Dinesh and Tarakeshwari Rathod, both in their 30s, had claimed that they summited the peak of the world's highest mountain, the Everest on May 23. Earlier, Nepal's Tourism Ministry certified their claim but later carried out an investigation, which proved to be fake. Sudarshan Prasad Dhakal, chief of the Tourism Department of Nepal, said that, "Our investigation has found that the couple faked their summit. We have canceled the certificate and imposed a 10-year ban against them from climbing any mountain in Nepal." "We sought clarification from them, but they did not cooperate in our investigation," said Dhakal. "The ban should serve as a warning for other mountaineers to follow ethics," he said. Nandini

Read More

New target Chinese Embassy: 1 killed, 3 died, Kyrgyzstan August 30, 2016 12:35

An explosion around the Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan took place few hours back on Tuesday. A car exploded near the embassy in Kyrgyzstan in Bishkek. According to the healthcare ministry, the driver was killed and three more people are injured. The GKNB state security service has informed that they have been investigating the blast but they provided no more details. The interior ministry could not comment anything. Kyrgyz news website 24.kg reported that the car appeared to have rammed the embassy's gate before the explosion took place. Interfax news agency referred to a local emergency ministry's representative. They added, "The exact number is being verified.” According to NDTV reports, a car laden with explosives rammed into the gate of Chinese embassy in . Also Read: Curfew lifted from Kashmir after 51 days! By Prakriti Neogi

Read More

“Mallya didn't disclose full assets deliberately” told bank to Supreme Court August 29, 2016 18:45

A consortium of banks including SBI, told the Supreme Curt that beleaguered businessman Vijay Mallya, had deliberately not made full disclosure of his assets including $40 million which he received in February from a British firm, on Monday. Attorney general Mukul Rohatgi, appearing for the consortium of banks, told a bench of justices Kurian Joseph and RF Nariman that Mallya did not disclosed the actual amount, he had received in February while he had filed the reply in March. The attorney general said that according to the Supreme Court rules, Mallya must appear before the court after a notice has been served upon him in a contempt petition. Rohatgi said that since Mallya was not granted exemption from appearance, he should not be heard anymore. Senior advocate CS Vaidyanathan, who has been appeared for Mallya, told the bench that they have filed a petition for recall of apex court's earlier order and added that no contempt has been made. He also said that the apex court's earlier order to disclose the assets has been complied with. The bench then asked the attorney general to file an immediate response to Mallya's petition to recall of its earlier order and post the matter on September 27. By Prakriti Neogi

Read More

Herald case: Delhi court issues notice to Sonia Gandhi, Rahul on Swamy's plea seeking docs August 27, 2016 16:49

Delhi court issued notices to Congress president Sonia Gandhi, vice-president Rahul Gandhi and others accused in the National Herald case and asked the Congress and Associated Journals Limited (AJL) to submit documents such as balance sheets. The order came on a plea filed by BJP's Rajya Sabha MP Subramanian Swamy asking for the documents. Swamy tweeted that the court has given the seven accused two weeks to respond to the notices. It will conduct a hearing on 4 October. In addition to Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, Congress leaders Oscar Fernandes, Sam Pitroda, Suman Dubey and a company Young Indian Pvt Ltd (YI) are also accused in the National Herald case. It was filed by Swamy in 2012. Also Read: RSS did not assassinate Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi tells Supreme Court! Nandini

Read More

Kashmir unrest: Mehbooba Mufti to meet PM Modi! August 27, 2016 11:44

Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mehbooba Mufti will meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi to discuss the situation in the valley, which has been under curfew for past 48 days following death of Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Burhan Wani. This will be the first meeting between the Prime Minister and Mehbooba after the unrest broke in the valley on July 8. Earlier, Modi had expressed his "deep concern and pain" over the situation in the valley and asked all political parties to work together to find a "permanent and lasting" solution to problems in the state. Mehbooba said in a press conference, that, "People came on streets, we imposed curfew. Did the children go to army camps to buy toffees (candy)? Was the 15-year-old boy, who attacked the police station at Damhal Hanjipora (in south Kashmir), going there to get milk." "Today 95 per cent who have been killed are youngsters belonging to poor families. They were killed in retaliation for attacking security camps. The situations of 2010 and present cannot be compared," she said.   Also Read: Rajnath heads to 'Mission Kashmir'! Nandini

Read More

UNGA president-elect to visit India on August 29! August 26, 2016 10:43

The office of  President of the U.N. General Assembly announced that, the United Nations General Assembly president-elect Ambassador Peter Thomson is all set to visit India next week. He is expected to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to discuss the ambitious Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). “Coming from the Asia-Pacific nation of Fiji, I am pleased to have this opportunity to visit the two biggest countries in the regional group to which I belong,” Mr. Thomson said. “My main interest will be to discuss how the United Nations can assist and accelerate the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development,” he added. Also Read: Myanmar President to visit India! Nandini

Read More

Alternatives to pellet guns in few days: Rajnath Singh August 25, 2016 16:10

Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh says an alternative to pellet guns will be proposed within a few days as the Jammu and Kashmir protest continued for the 48th day. The move is in the  wake of widespread criticism of the crowd-control device that has left thousands of people in the Valley blinded. "We want to shape future of India. If future of Kashmir is not shaped, future of India cannot be shaped too," said Singh, with Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti. "It is just one month and report of that committee will come within two-three days. Within few days, we will give an alternative to pellet guns.” "In 2010, it was said pellet gun is a non lethal weapon which can cause least damage but now we feel that there should be some alternate to this," he said. "I will only say that we are willing to talk to anyone within the ambit of Jamhooriyat, Kashmiriyat and Insaniyat," he said. "Who are these people, who has given them permission to take up stones. Can they guarantee to shape their (youths) future. We see future of Kashmiri children linked to the future of Indian children.” "I appeal to Kashmiri people to identify those who are trying to create such a situation in the Valley. Without the future of Kashmir, the future of India cannot exist," the minister said. Also Read: Rajnath heads to 'Mission Kashmir'! Nandini

Read More