Dal Raisina Recipe: Here’s an Easy Recipe of the Noted Dish That Usually Takes 2 Days to PrepareMay 31, 2019 17:47
(Image source from: Anandabazar Patrika)
A special dish ‘Dal Raisina’ was spotted in the menu for dinner after the swearing-in ceremony of Narendra Modi as prime minister of India. Over 6000 eminent people relished the star dish in the night.
The exclusive dish is made with whole black lentils or Urad Dal in Hindi and tomato puree flavored with saffron. Besides, the claim which will leave you open-mouthed is - it will take about 48 hours to cook this delicious dish.
For the swearing-in ceremony event on Thursday, reportedly the process of cooking started on Tuesday night itself.
However, here is the easy and quick recipe of Dal Raisina to prepare at home.
- Boiled Urad dal (Soaked and pressure cooked)
- garam masala
- green chilies
- coriander powder
- Coriander leaves
- Tomato puree
- Cumin powder
- Kasoori methi
- To make the dal's flavor base, heat butter, and oil in a pan.
- Add jeera, garlic, half a ginger, chopped onions and toss them for a while.
- Now add puree of tomatoes and salt once the tadka is light brown. Mix it well.
- Add half cup of water and keep stirring.
- Add turmeric, coriander, cumin, and garam masala powder to the mix along with green chilies. Stir well.
- Now add boiled dal and mix well while adding a cup of water.
- Let it simmer for a bit.
- Now before serving to add kasroori methi, coriander leaves, rest of the garlic and cream and leave it for a minute or two.
- Serve hot.
By Sowmya Sangam