UK Foreign Secretary to visit India! July 26, 2016 11:48
The United Kingdom Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson is planing to visit India later this year to strengthened the ties between the both countries, Alok Sharma, U.K.’s Minister of Asia-Pacific Affairs announced. He will be the first British Minister to visit India since Brexit. The announcement has been made under United Kingdom plan to rediscover ties with India and other “partner countries” under the leadership of Prime Minister Theresa May. Mr. Sharma said that, “Despite Brexit, we will have the strongest possible ties with the European Union (EU) while exploring ways to further strengthen our ties with partner countries like India.” Addressing a gathering at the residence of the British High Commissioner, he said that, “The U.K. is open and welcoming for partners like India.” Indian companies will not leave UK for other European countries, he added. Also Read: Theresa May becomes British PM! Nandini
Read MoreSalman Khan acquitted in chinkara, blackbuck poaching cases! July 25, 2016 17:41
Bollywood actor Salman Khan was acquitted by the Rajasthan High Court in an 18-year-old in the Jodhpur blackbuck and chinkara poaching cases. Khan, 50,was accused of killing a blackbuck and a chinkara in two separate incidents in 1998. The Reuters reported, “We have got absolute relief in both cases,” Khan’s counsel Nishant Bora said. A lower court found him guilty of killing an endangered species of gazelle in 2006 and sentenced him to one and five years in jail for the two cases of poaching. Khan challenged the convictions in the sessions court, which dismissed appeal in Mathania's case and transferred appeal to high court in Bhawad's case, where already two appeals by the state government had been pending. Hearing on both these petition in high court had begun on November 16, 2015 and were completed on May 13, 2016, after which justice Nirmal Jit Kaur had reserved her judgement. Nandini
Read MoreIndian woman kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: tweeted Sushma Swaraj July 23, 2016 12:18
Judith D'Souza, an Indian woman was kidnapped last month in Kabul, Afghanistan. Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj has informed that, she has been rescued safely . Ms Swaraj tweeted in the morning, "I am happy to inform you that Judith D'Souza has been rescued," 40 years old Judith, worked for Agha Khan Foundation, which is an international NGO and she worked there as a senior technical adviser. Judith was kidnapped on June 9 by suspected terrorists, just outside her office in the heart of the city. Kolkata-based Judith was in Kabul for over an year on her second stint in the Afghan capital. Ms Swaraj said that Judith is safe and will reach Delhi this evening. She also tweeted to praise for Indian Ambassador od Afghanistan, Manpreet Vohra, who has given a great in this rescue operation. Judith's brother Jerome D'Souza had tweeted yesterday, thanking Ms Swaraj for her "assurances". Ms Swaraj had spoken to Judith's family and assured them that the government has been "doing everything to rescue her". In May, the Indian Embassy had issued a security advisory for Indians staying in Afghanistan and travelling to the country. Also Read: Indian Air Force plane with 29 on board goes missing! By Prakriti Neogi
Read MoreIndian Air Force plane with 29 on board goes missing! July 22, 2016 17:31
An Indian military plane with 29 people on board has gone missing over the Bay of Bengal amid inclement weather, the Indian air force (IAF) has confirmed. The BBC News reported, the IAF's AN-32 plane took off from Tambaram in Chennai (Madras) at 08:30 local time (03:00 GMT) for Port Blair in the eastern archipelago of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. It lost radar contact around 8:45 am. It was scheduled to land in Port Blair at 11.30 am. A joint search and rescue operation has been launched by the Navy, the Coast Guard and the IAF. There are 29 people on board including six crew members. The Navy has involved one Donier aircraft, one P8I aircraft and four ships, Gharial, Karmukh, Jyoti and Kuthar for its search operation. Also Read: The IAF operates more than 100 Antonov-32 aircraft. Nandini
Read MoreRahul won't apologise for RSS remarks: Congress July 20, 2016 11:34
The Congress says its vice-president Rahul Gandhi will not apologise for his remark that, the RSS was responsible for the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi, instead he will present historical facts and evidence in court to support his claim. While, the Supreme Court slammed Rahul Gandhi for his remarks and said he will have to face trial in the defamation case against him if he does not express regret. “We have held it may be historically correct but the fact or the statement has to meet the test of public good. You can’t make collective denunciation,” the court said. Congress communication chief Randeep Surjewala said that, “The question of Mr. Gandhi expressing regret or apology does not arise. Such a suggestion has been made in the past and not been accepted by Mr. Gandhi.” “Mr. Gandhi is a mature politician with intimate knowledge of historical facts. The Congress and Mr. Gandhi will defend these remarks at the appropriate forum. Since the matter is pending adjudication, we will not like to comment further,” Mr. Surjewala said. The party spokesman Gaurav Gogoi, reiterating that Mr. Gandhi would fight the defamation case in court to “bring out the truth before everyone”. “The Supreme Court has made some observations. We would not like to comment on them. Nonetheless, we are confident that when the case is heard, we will present historical evidence and documents that support Rahul Gandhi’s claim. We respect the Supreme Court.” Also Read: SC slams Rahul Gandhi over 'RSS killed Gandhi' remark! Nandini
Read MoreSC slams Rahul Gandhi over 'RSS killed Gandhi' remark! July 19, 2016 15:35
The Supreme Court slammed Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi over his remark that the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) responsible for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination. The SC asked Rahul Gandhi to express regret or be ready to face a defamation trial. The Supreme Court asked Rahul Gandhi while hearing a defamation case filed against him. "Why did you make a sweeping statement against the RSS branding everyone associated with the organization in the same brush." " You can't make wholesale denunciation of an organization," the SC bench led by Justice Dipak Misra observed. The court agreed to hear detailed arguments in Mr. Gandhi's petition on July 27. Mr. Gandhi's comments were made in March 2014 during a parliamentary election rally at Bhiwandi in Thane district of Maharashtra. RSS workers charged him with criminal defamation for allegedly referring to the “assassin of Mahatma Gandhi and his RSS background in his election speech”. Mr. Gandhi is alleged to have said that “Gandhiji was shot dead by RSS people and their people talk of Gandhiji”. The comment had led to a criminal complaint being filed by RSS activist Rajesh Kunte against Mr. Gandhi. Mr. Kunte termed the comment as "false, frivolous, baseless and wanton allegations, imputations against the RSS and its people with malafide motive to harm the reputation of RSS, its followers, people, swayamsevaks". Also Read: Navjot Singh Sidhu resigns from Rajya Sabha! Nandini
Read MoreNavjot Singh Sidhu resigns from Rajya Sabha! July 18, 2016 17:17
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and nominated Rajya Sabha member Navjot Singh Sidhu has resigned from the Rajya Sabha, amid rumours that he may join the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). “Navjot Singh Sidhu, nominated member, resigns from Rajya Sabha,” tweeted Gurdeep Singh Sappal, OSD to the Vice President Hamid Ansari. Dr. Navjot Kaur is BJP MLA from Amritsar (East) and Chief Parliamentary Secretary (CPS) in the SAD-BJP government has also reportedly resigned from the post of CPS. The Hindu reported, Mr. Sidhu along with his wife (Mrs) Dr. Navjot Kaur, both are expected to join AAP party, sources said. “We will welcome both of them into the party. They have a clean image,” said AAP leader and Punjab state convener Suchha Singh Chhotepur . Also Read: Mumbai court issued Non-bailable Warrant against Vijay Mallya - Nandini
Read MoreMumbai court issued Non-bailable Warrant against Vijay Mallya July 16, 2016 16:42
A metropolitan court in suburban Andheri in Mumbai on Saturday issued a non-bailable warrant (NBW) against Vijay Mallya, the promoter of defunct Kingfisher Airlines. He has been charged in a case of cheque bouncing, filed by the Airports Authority of India (AAI). In May, Magistrate A.A. Laulkar had directed Mr. Mallya to appear before the court on July 16, 2016, failing which will result in a NBW. The NBW was followed by Mr. Mallya’s absence on Saturday. The court was hearing applications which were filed by AAI, against M/s. Kingfisher Airlines in connection with two cheques of Rs. 100 crores , had been dishonoured. The applications filed by the AAI sought cancellation of permanent exemption from court appearance granted to Mr. Mallya, who had left the country amid an outcry over his airline defaulting on repayment of over Rs. 9,000 crore to the banks, and sought an arrest warrant against him. AAI’s lawyer had argued earlier in the court that in cancellation of Mr. Mallya’s passport, his lawyer may not be able to produce him in the court. Also Read: Vijay Mallya offers Rs 6,868 crore for settlement, ready to deposit Rs 1590/- crore By Prakriti Neogi
Read MoreCongress named Sheila Dikshit as its UP chief minister candidate! July 15, 2016 13:05
The congress announced Sheila Dikshit as its chief ministerial candidate for next year’s Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh. She will be up against Mayawati of the BSP and Akhilesh Yadav of the SP. The BJP is still not declared its CM candidate. Senior Congress leader Janardan Dwivedi said that, "Sheila has been selected for her experience and good work." "It's a huge responsibility and I want to thank Congress high command," Sheila Dikshit said after the announcement. Priyanka Gandhi is expected to campaign for the party next year. Sheila said " Priyanka Gandhi is a very popular leader and I will be happy if she campaigns extensively in the state," she said. Nandini
Read MoreNo Indian affected in Nice attack: MEA July 15, 2016 11:29
The Ministry of External Affairs says, no Indian is reported to be affected in a terror “attack” in the southern French city of Nice, where at least 80 people killed including several children and dozens injured when a truck ploughed through a crowd watching Bastille Day fireworks. External Affairs Spokesperson Vikas Swarup tweeted that, “Our Ambassador in Paris is in touch with the Indian community in Nice. So far no report of any Indians affected.” He added that, the Indian embassy in Paris had opened the helpline number 33-1-40507070. The driver was shot dead and the police found guns and grenades inside the truck. President Francois Hollande alleged the attack was of a"terrorist nature".A state of emergency has been extended for three months across France. Also Read: Attack in Nice: Truck hits on Bastille Day, 80 killed Nandini
Read MorePM Modi congratulates UK new Prime Minister Theresa May! July 14, 2016 14:53
Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated Theresa May on becoming the new Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. She is the second female British prime minister after Margaret Hilda Thatcher. PM Modi tweeted that, “Congratulations to @theresa_may on taking over as the new UK PM. Looking forward to working with her for stronger India-UK ties @Number10gov.” Mr. Modi said that, he was looking forward to work with her for stronger Indo-UK ties. He also thanked former prime minister David Cameron for the contributions he made during his tenure as prime minister. Also Read: Theresa May becomes British PM! Nandini
Read MoreNIA arrested the “amir” of Hyderabad Islamic State module July 12, 2016 18:43
The National Investigation Agency has arrested the alleged chief of the Hyderabad ISIS terror module on Tuesday, which was busted on June 29. Naimathullah Hussaini alias Yasir alias Abu Darda, 42years old and a resident of Moghalpura, was arrested in a predawn raid in the morning today. He was suspected to be the chief and a key member of the conspiracy group, and contributed money to the terrorist fund which was collected by the members of the group. He was assigned as the ‘amir’ of the group and took part in the key conspiracy meetings in the last three months. Naimathullah Hussaini was detained by NIA during the raid on 29 June, but he was let off as his role was unclear at that time. Hussaini is a cloth merchant who had his shop near Shadan College near Khairatabad. NIA has also arrested Mohammed Ataullah Rehman, a resident of Bandlaguda, for taking a major role in the conspiracy. He was involved in radicalising the group members and he also administered ‘bayah’, the oath of allegiance to ISIS chief Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi, to the group members. He participated in several conspiracy meetings and was a mentor and motivator, as reported to the NIA by the other arrested convicts in the case. He was also detained during the June 29 raid but was let off after questioning. The arrests came after an IS sympathizer was also picked up for interrogation by NIA on July 8. Also Read: NIA arrests 11 suspects, busts IS module in Hyderabad By Prakriti Neogi
Read More






