Indian food is delicious, but the cooking directions look really strenuous. So, we are here with some cooking tips that might help you make your cooking process facile and attain the palatable outcome.
Cooking tips are not just for beginners, but also experts. You might think you are skillful in cooking, but you are somewhere going wrong. These helpful tips and tricks will save you time and energy.
1. Make sure to add a pinch of salt while boiling potatoes. It helps in peeling the skin easily.
(Image source from: iStock)
2. Dipping paneer in warm salt before adding it to gravy helps in softening the paneer and allows absorbing the gravy easily.
(Image source from: Curry Pot.com)
3. While preparing any Indian dish, cook the ingredients in particular order to make the dish tasty. The onion should be added first, then garlic, then ginger, tomato, and then spices.
4. Add a pinch of sugar before you boil the peas to retain the green color.
5. Add a tsp of oil while cooking dals to prevent it from bubbling and spilling all over.
(Image source from: Monamifood - WordPress.com)
6. Use heavy-bottomed pan to prepare kheer, upma, etc, to avoid food from overcooking.
7. While preparing puris, add 2-3 tbsp of rava to the wheat flour while kneading to make crisper puris.
(Image source from: theindianclaypot.com)
8. To separate each string of noodles or pasta, run it under cold water immediately after boiling and draining the water.
9. To restore moisture content in day-old muffins, sprinkle water on them, place in on a paper bag and pop in a hot oven for 5 to 10 seconds. The steam created by the water will help in restoring moisture.
By Sowmya Sangam